1. Measure the width of the chair arm. The stand will rest snuggly on top of the arm.
2. Cut the 1"x8" pine to the dimensions. As stated in Step 1, width will depend on the width of the chair arm. The length is up to you. However, make sure there is enough room for an elbow to rest behind the stand.
3. Sand the 3 pieces of lumber lightly with the 220 grit sandpaper to remove any wood burrs left behind after cutting.
4. To attach the boards, first run a bead of wood glue along a board’s edge and then secure using finish nails. Set the nails using a nail set.
5. For a charging cord coming up from the bottom of the stand, drill a 3/4" hole using a spade bit. Drill in one direction, and when the drill pokes through the wood slightly, turn the wood over and finish the drilling process. This will eliminate splitting of the wood.
6. Apply the Minwax® stain with a foam brush and remove excess with a soft rag or paper towel.
7. When the stain has dried, fill all holes with matching wood filler.
8. Apply several coats of water-based polyurethane. Several coats can be applied after a short drying period.
1. Cut two 20"x12" rectangles. Pin right sides together.
2. Sew 1/2" seam allowance around the rectangle leaving a 3" opening on the longer side of the rectangle.
3. Trim corners of rectangle cutting on a diagonal. (Do not cut through seam.)
4. Turn rectangle inside out.
5. Press the rectangle, slip stitch the 3" opening left on the lengthwise side of the rectangle.
6. Fold the rectangle up 7-1/2" and pin.
7. 1/4" from the top of the rectangle pocket stitch on Velcro.
8. Fold Velcro sewn piece to the back, pin.
9. Sew 1/4" down the side of the rectangle. Remove pins.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>