1. Measure the width of the chair arm. The stand will rest snuggly on top of the arm.
2. Cut the 1"x8" pine to the dimensions. As stated in Step 1, width will depend on the width of the chair arm. The length is up to you. However, make sure there is enough room for an elbow to rest behind the stand.
3. Sand the 3 pieces of lumber lightly with the 220 grit sandpaper to remove any wood burrs left behind after cutting.
4. To attach the boards, first run a bead of wood glue along a board’s edge and then secure using finish nails. Set the nails using a nail set.
5. For a charging cord coming up from the bottom of the stand, drill a 3/4" hole using a spade bit. Drill in one direction, and when the drill pokes through the wood slightly, turn the wood over and finish the drilling process. This will eliminate splitting of the wood.
6. Apply the Minwax® stain with a foam brush and remove excess with a soft rag or paper towel.
7. When the stain has dried, fill all holes with matching wood filler.
8. Apply several coats of water-based polyurethane. Several coats can be applied after a short drying period.
1. Cut two 20"x12" rectangles. Pin right sides together.
2. Sew 1/2" seam allowance around the rectangle leaving a 3" opening on the longer side of the rectangle.
3. Trim corners of rectangle cutting on a diagonal. (Do not cut through seam.)
4. Turn rectangle inside out.
5. Press the rectangle, slip stitch the 3" opening left on the lengthwise side of the rectangle.
6. Fold the rectangle up 7-1/2" and pin.
7. 1/4" from the top of the rectangle pocket stitch on Velcro.
8. Fold Velcro sewn piece to the back, pin.
9. Sew 1/4" down the side of the rectangle. Remove pins.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.