Chalk It Up To Birds!
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Large unfinished wood bird house
- Package colored buttons. Buttons can be mixed colors or one color in light & dark ranges as shown on image. Select enough to use on roof to create a tile roof look and for around the bird house opening to create a door entrance feel.
- FolkArt™ Home Decor Chalk Finish Paint
- Chalk marker
- All-purpose glue or hot glue gun using medium temperature glue sticks
- Strip of printed fabric
- Jar of Mod Podge® (Matte or Gloss)
1. Remove any price stickers and wipe off unfinished bird house to remove any dust.
2. Applying two coats of chalk to the entire unfinished wood bird house and let dry according to the instructions on the label.
3. Assort buttons and layout pattern for placement before glueing in place on roof top of bird house.
4. Select and layout pattern of the size and style of button to glue around the opening on the front of the bird house before glueing into place.
5. Cut strip of fabric long enough to go around the bottom lip/base of bird house. In the case of octagon or round bird house, small slits should be cut to allow fabric to wrap and lay flat.
6. Seal entire bird house with Mode Podge with one to two coats and allow to dry in between coats if adding more than one.
7. Once completely dry, add message of choice using Chalk marker.