Chalkboard and Apples
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Core’dinations 12” x 12” cardstock:
- Jet Black
- David Tutera™ Celebrate Mini Tags
- Darice® Bakers Twine – Candylane Mix
- Framed slate
- Die cut machine or template
- Green pipe cleaner
- Google eyes
- 1/8” wooden dowel
1. Measure the length/width of the framed slate. Using a die cut, electric cutting machine or template, cut two rulers measuring the length of the slate, and two rulers measuring the width of the frame from yellow cardstock. Mount cut yellow rulers onto black cardstock. Trim around edges of rulers, leaving a thin black border on all sides. Miter corners of rulers. Adhere rulers to the frame of the slate using decoupage glue or other strong adhesive.
2. Using a die cut, an electric cutting machine or template, cut an apple shape from red cardstock, two green leaf shapes from green cardstock and brown stem. Adhere to bottom right corner of frame.
3. Trim a green pipe cleaner to 6”. On one end of pipe cleaner, coil the wire into a flat disc to create the head of the worm. On the opposite end, bend the wire into wave shapes. Add two googly eyes to the head of the worm. Adhere worm to apple.
4. Computer generate a small white tag with “A+” (also can use stickers or handwrite.) Attach to the apple using white string.