SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd Heavyweight black fabric, 60" wide
- 2 pkgs Black double-fold bias tape, 1/2" wide
- Sharpie Medium-tip fabric markers: white, red, green
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- White lead pencil
- Plate for making circle template
- For strap, cut 2 pieces of fabric 3"x60".
- Sew fabric pieces together with 1/4" seam allowance to make a 120" strip.
- Fold strip in half lengthwise with right sides together. Sew strap together across ends and along side, leaving opening for turning.
- Trim corners, turn right side out, press.
- From remaining fabric, cut a 24"x34" piece.
- At top of apron, which is the 24" side, measure in 6" on each side and mark.
- Measure down 11" on each side and mark.
- Cut diagonally from 6" mark to 11" mark on each side.
- Sew bias tape around apron.
- Make casing for strap by folding the diagonal sides to back 1-1/2" and stitch in place.
- From one side, slide strap up through casing then down the other side.
- Draw faint white lines with pencil on the apron as a guide for the lettering. Use the plate as a template for drawing the arch; use a ruler for drawing the straight lines.
- Use the white marker to write the personalized information: a menu, a recipe, a quote or a name. Add artwork if desired.
- When paint is dry, wipe away lines with a damp washcloth.