Idea Market Chalkboard Paper Candy Wrappers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Chalkboard paper roll
- Ultra-fine tip white markers
- White chalk
- Round chalkboard metal tags
- White ribbon
- Paper trimmer
- Scissors: regular & scallop
- 1/4" double-sided tape
- Circle punch (optional)
- Border punch (optional)
- Curved object such as a CD
- Foam paintbrush
- Provided template for pillow box
1. Trace around template with pencil; cut out, using paper trimmer for straight edges and scissors for rounded edges. Score, according to template: ruler and stylus for straight lines; CD and stylus for curved. Punch a partial circle on the two curved edges furthest from the overlap strip. Crease all scored lines.
2. Apply tape to the overlap edge, so it will be on the inside of the finished box.
3. Decorate the front of the box with white marker as desired. Allow to dry.
4. Condition the paper using white chalk and a foam paintbrush. To “condition,” lightly swipe the paper surface with the chalk edge, and then soften with foam brush. This gives the paper the appearance of a dusty chalkboard.
5. Decorate a round chalkboard tag; condition with chalk.
6. Close one end of the pillow box, notched edge first. Fill with candy, and close the second end.
7. Secure with ribbon or jute, and add the tag.
Candy Bar Wraps:
Size may vary, depending upon the size of candy bar.
8. Cut a 5" square from chalkboard paper, using paper trimmer.
9. Using white marker, embellish the front of the wrapper. Trim side edges with scallop shears, if desired. Condition the wrapper, and then secure it around the candy bar with tape. Wrap with ribbon or jute, and attach a chalkboard tag.
10. Option: Border punch the bottom or top edge of the 5" square. Thread ribbon or jute through the holes. Secure the paper around the candy bar with tape. Tie with ribbon and add a tag, if desired.