Chalkboard Table Chairs
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- FolkArt Paints:
- High Definition acrylic: Jamaican Sea, School Bus Yellow, Christmas Red, Turner Pink
- Shiny acrylic: Wicker White
- Chalkboard: black, hot pink, red
- Plaid Simply 5"x8" stencil value pack
- Paintbrushes: 1" & 1/2" flat, #1 liner, 1/4" & 1/2" stencil
- Foam brush
- Youth table and chairs set
- 1 sheet white craft foam
- Four 1-3/4" wooden balls with flat bottom
- Transfer paper
- Painters' tape
- Craft knife or scissors
- Paint all table and chair components before assembling.
- Measure and draw a 12-1/2"x16" rectangle in center of table top. Mark off twelve 4"x4" squares within rectangle.
- Tape six alternating squares. Refer to photo. Following Chalkboard Paint application instructions, paint the six squares red. Allow to dry. Paint remaining 6 squares hot pink. Tape off rectangle and outer edge of table. Paint border black.
- Paint chair seats Christmas Red.
- Measure 2-1/2" from bottom of table legs; tape. Tape the rungs on chair backs and sides. Paint exposed areas Licorice.
- Remove tape. Paint rungs, ends of table legs and outer edge of table Jamaican Sea.
- Refer to photo. Apply stripes to edge of table, rungs and ends of table legs Wicker White with the 1/2" flat paintbrush.
- Transfer scroll pattern to chair backs. Paint Wicker White. Stencil small daisy element on chair seats and table top in Wicker White and School Bus Yellow.
- Using oval petal stencil, apply one Christmas Red and one Turner Pink to middle of scrolls. Paint dots on table with opposite end of brush.
- Paint four wooden balls School Bus Yellow. When dry, apply Jamaican Sea dots with opposite end of paintbrush.
- Stencil large daisy element in Shiny Wicker White on white craft foam. Repeat to create four daisies. Leave 1-1/2" space between each. Allow to dry.
- Carefully cut out daisies leaving 1/4" border. Refer to photo. Glue foam daisies to tops of chair backs. Glue painted balls to center of daisies.