SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Marvy®/Uchida Bistro Chalk marker jumbo - white
- Marvy®/Uchida Bistro Chalk marker broad - white, fluorescent pink, fluorescent violet
- Acrylic paint - black
- Textile medium
- Paint brush
- Masking tape
- White canvas tote - medium
- Towel or cloth
- Washing machine & dryer
- Iron & pressing surface (optional)
1. Wash and dry tote according to instructions. Iron if necessary.
2. On the front of the tote create a square with masking tape, about 8" x 10" or desired size. Press down firmly on tape to make sure there is no gap between the tape and fabric.
3. Mix 2:1 ratio of acrylic paint with the textile medium.
4. Paint the masked area. Allow to dry for an hour. Repeat this two more times. Then allow it to dry overnight.
5. Once completely dry, prime the chalkboard surface. Take the white Jumbo Bistro Chalk marker and color the chalkboard completely. Allow it to dry. Take a damp cloth and wipe it off. Remove the masking tape. Note: Priming the surface will fill in the porous areas and prevent ghosting.
6. Take the fluorescent pink and write at the top &"Shopping" and then &"list" in fluorescent violet.
7. Create little check boxes with the Bistro Chalk marker broad tip white. Write the items next to it.
Note: Use a damp cloth to erase. Hand wash or use gentle cycle to wash tote. Condition it after washing to eliminate ghosting.