Champagne Roses Top
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Custom Dye Color Kit
- Soft Fabric Paint, Metallic Champagne
- Craft Gloves
- Surface Cover
- Jerzees cotton T-shirt, white
- Rubber bands
- Iron & ironing surface
- 1-gal bucket
- Large stir spoon
- 3 quart-sized containers
- Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
- Washing machine & dryer
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Cut sleeves from T-shirt; set aside. Fold raw edges under; press. Stitch down.
- To create Spearmint dye, read recipe booklet included with Tulip Custom Dye Color Kit. Boil water; pour 1 gallon into bucket. Wearing Craft Gloves, measure in salt, then mix in powdered color according to recipe. Stir mixture. Submerge T-shirt into bucket. Stir continuously for 15 minutes, then occasionally for 45 minutes.
- With gloved hands, remove T-shirt from dye and machine wash with large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.
- To create roses, cut three 1"x7" strips from sleeve fabric. In each quart-sized container, create Chickadee, Aloe & Eucalyptus dyes. Add salt to pint of hot water, then using the recipe guide, measure & mix dye color needed. Put each strip of fabric into dye mixture & stir. Let set as directed; machine wash, dry & press.
- Tightly twist bottom right corner of shirt. Rubber band every inch creating 10" to 12" twisted section of fabric.
- Squeeze a puddle of Champagne Metallic Soft Fabric Paint onto foil. Paint Champagne Metallic over areas of fabric between the rubber bands. Cut rubber bands and carefully untwist fabric. Allow to dry. Repeat rubber banding and painting process to create a full design. Allow to dry.
- Create a gather stitch along edge of the 3 strips of dyed fabrics. Pull thread on 1 end to gather fabric.
- Coil strips around to form a rose. Stitch together at bottom to hold rose in shape and cut off the excess fabric. Stitch roses to T-shirt on top left corner.
- Dry brush some Champagne Metallic along the tops of the roses. Allow to dry.