Champagne Tidings Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 18" Grapevine wreath
- 3 pkgs Deco lights, 50-count
- Modern Metals Champagne spray paint
- 1 Champagne peony bush
- 2 Champagne glittered fern bushes
- 2 Champagne glittered spike bushes
- 2 Champagne glittered holly
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- 1 pkg Brown floral tape
- 1 pkg Floral wire
- Wire cutters
Note: The lights are added after the wreath is embellished to prevent the glue gun from melting the string of lights. This design would be difficult to wire all the materials to the wreath.
- Spray wreath with Champagne spray paint. Allow to dry.
- Wrap 14 floral wires with brown floral tape.
- Use one covered wire as a wreath hanger.
- Test the lights before starting design.
- Refer to photo when placing floral materials.
- Cut peony flowers from the bushes leaving a long stem. Remove the leaves closest to the bush handle. Insert the peonies and secure with glue. Glue extra leaves close to the flowers on wreath.
- Cut the glittered fern into two pieces. Glue to wreath. Repeat with the glittered spike and holly bushes.
- Fill empty areas with remaining peony leaves.
- Plug strings of lights together. Use a small piece of covered wire to attach lights starting at the bottom of the backside of the wreath. Cut the covered wires into 3" pieces.
- Work one set of lights gently through the floral materials on the wreath. Attach the wires to the wreath, working back and forth on the front. Stop at the top and repeat with another string of lights going up the other side. Arrange the last string around the entire wreath.
- Once all lights are attached, you can touch up any materials that may have shifted.