Character Bed Skirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Hello Kitty® Packed cotton fabric, 2-3/4 yards for bed skirt panels
- Muslin, 45" wide, 2-1/4 yds. for deck of bed skirt
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
Note: 3/8" seam allowances
Cut one 40" x 76" from the muslin = bed skirt deck
Cut four 15" x 48" from the Hello Kitty fabric = side panels
Cut two pieces 15" x 29" from the Hello Kitty fabric = bottom panel
- Press the raw edge of the top (40" width) of the bed skirt deck under 1/2" and topstitch.
- With the right sides of the fabric together sew two side panels together. Press raw edge under 1/2" on both ends and topstitch.
- Turn the top raw edge under 2", press and baste in place.
- Turn the bottom raw edge under 1", press and topstitch.
- For the pleat - place a mark 6" out on each side of center seam. Press to make folds. Bring folds in to meet at center seam, pin in place and baste across the top of the pleat. Repeat for second side.
- With the right sides of the fabric together sew the two end sections together. Stitch hem and pleat same as sides.
- Sew side panel to side of deck and the bottom panel to the bottom of the deck.