Character Theme Cerisy Skirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Star Wars® cotton print fabric – See drafting pattern information to determine fabric length
- 1/2 yd rib knit fabric
- Grid non-fusible pattern paper
- Paper scissors
- Iron & pressing surface
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Sewing machine
- Measure hips. To find the “A” measurement, divide hip measurement by 4.
- Measure the distance between hip line and where skirt will hit (above or below knee). Add 1" to this measurement to find “length”.
- For the rib knit waistband, “B” should equal 75% of hip measurement (or hip measurement multiplied by 3/4).
- Using measurements, draft pattern pieces for the skirt front/back and the waistband as shown in the pattern layout. Cut out skirt front/back along the light blue lines shown. There is a slight curve in the hemline approaching the side seams. To print the pattern, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
- Place skirt front/back pieces right sides together (RST) and stitch side seams with a 1/2" seam allowance.
- Press seams.
- Mark the center front and center back of skirt with a pin.
- Fold waistband in half so that the 14" ends line up RST. Stitch with a 1/2" seam allowance, and press seam open. Waistband will now form a large tube. Fold tube in half in the other direction with wrong sides together so it measures 7" tall.
- Place four pins equidistant around raw edge of waistband (after placing one pin, fold waistband in half as needed to figure out placement of other pins. Place waistband around skirt right sides together so all raw edges align. Pin waistband to skirt at the center front, center back, and both skirt side seams.
- Stitch waistband to skirt with a 1/2" seam allowance, stretching knit waistband as needed to ease pieces together. Use additional pins and stitch in small sections if this type of stitching is unfamiliar, so the stretch is even around the skirt.
- Trim seam allowance of skirt only (do not trim knit waistband seam allowance). Pull waistband up away from skirt and press seam allowance towards skirt.
- Fold down waistband to cover seam, and try on the skirt.
- Sew a narrow hem along the skirt bottom edge.
Items in This Collection
Item # xprd757791
Available for U.S. Shipping Only