SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/4 yards Disney® Mock Smock
- 2 yards of 5/8" grosgrain Ribbon
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Ready-made pants or fabric & pattern to make pants
Read all instructions before beginning project.
Seam allowance 1/2"
Mock Smock Top:
1. Cut the decorative border from bottom of Mock Smock piece approx. 8" – set aside for pants & wristlet.
2. Measure chest size – minus 2" – Cut the Mock Smock piece this width (save remaining piece for wristlet). Hem the bottom edge.
3. Sew the side seam.
4. Cut four 12" pieces of ribbon for straps - sew to front and back of top.
5. Cut one 12" pieces of ribbon – make bow and stitch to front of the top.
Ruffle Pants: (Make a pair of pants using a pattern or recycle a pair of pants)
1. Measure around the bottom of pant legs
2. Hem raw edge of the Mock Smock border piece from above and gather across the top of the entire piece.
3. Cut 2 pieces along the gathered side the measurement of the leg bottom.
4. Stitch the side seams.
5. Topstitch the Sew pieces to edge of the pant legs.
1. Use the remaining piece of Mock Smock and fold in half lengthwise with right sides of the fabric together.
2. Cut shape for your wristlet.
3. Make a wrist strap using ribbon.
4. Sew across the bottom and up the side seam (include the strap).
5. Turn right side out.
Cut out the remaining Minnie Mouse from the left over border and applique to the front of the top and to the wristlet