Charitable Donation Candle Wedding Favors
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pillar candle
- Cork roll
- Cardstock, green & brown
- Kraft paper or brown paper grocery bag
- Green ribbon
- Jute cord
- Small wood beads
- Flower punches in a variety of shapes & sizes
- Upholstery tack
- Adhesive dots, large
- Straight pins
- Scallop-edge shears
- Mini hole punch
- Recycled papers: old books, sheet music, newspapers, postcards, memorabilia
- Punch 5 flowers using flower punches in different shapes and sizes. Use a variety of recycled papers for a vintage
appearance. With an upholstery tack, pierce all layers of flowers; set aside.
- Cut green cardstock strip 3" wide and 1/2" longer than circumference of candle. Cut both long edges and one short end with scallop-edge shears. Punch mini holes in each scallop. Wrap around candle, overlap and secure with adhesive dots.
- Cut a strip of cork 1-3/4" wide and the same length as green cardstock. Cut one end of cork strip with scallopedge shears; attach to candle with 3 straight pins, at the scalloped end.
- Print the donation message on brown cardstock. Cut out in a tag shape and mount on a slightly larger green cardstock tag. Scallop the green cardstock end, punch a hole at the narrow end of the tag and on each of the scallops. Tie ribbon once around cork and knot at the front. Tie cord around cork several times, string on the tag, and tie in a knot. Press layered flower with upholstery tack into cork, over knots.
- Tie 2 more lengths of jute around flower and knot. String a few small wood beads over the ends of some of the cords, and tie love knots to secure.
- Trace a 5" circle on the back of green cardstock. Cut a petaled flower, using the circle shape as a guide. Using the green flower as a template, cut two more 5" flowers from recycled paper. Attach these to each other with adhesive dots, ruffling, wrinkling and distressing the edges. Cut a smaller green flower, slightly larger than the circumference of the candle. Cut the edges with scallop-edge shears and attach to the top of the stack of flowers, with the candle centered in the middle.