SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Soft®: 1 ball, Lt Grey Heather.
- Susan Bates® Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 15 sts = 4" in Seed st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- Row gauge is not critical for this project.
- Cowl is worked in one piece from the top down.
- Seed Stitch (worked over an even number of sts).
- Row 1 (Right Side): * K1, p1; repeat from * across.
- Row 2: * P1, k1; repeat from * across.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for Seed st.
- Yarn Over Pattern
- Row 1: K2 * yo, k2tog; repeat from * to last 2 sts, k2.
- Repeat Row 1 for Yarn over pattern.
- One size fits most.
- Circumference at lower edge: 36"
- Circumference at neck: 27"
- Length: 9-1/2"
- Cast on 110 sts.
- Work in Seed st for 3", end by working a wrong side row.
- Knit 3 rows Garter st.
- Work in Yarn over pattern for 6".
- Knit 2 rows Garter st. Bind off knitwise.
- Sew back seam. Weave in yarn ends.
- K = knit
- mm = millimeters
- p = purl
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- tog = together
- yo = yarn over
- * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated