SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
12” pillow form
Dritz® Sewing Notions:
6-1/2 yds Cheesecloth
Cover Button Templates
3” x 8” black felt
2” x 4” white felt
Needle & thread
To create the eyes, use the cover button templates as your guide. Trace the outer circumference of the following template sizes:
2 black circles, size 36 template (base)
2 white circles, size 30 template (whites of eye)
2. Cut out all 4 eye circles, place the button on top of the white felt, and stitch the layers together through the button. Use the Liquid Stitch™ to glue the remaining portion of the white felt to the black felt. Allow to dry.
3. To start wrapping the pillow, cradle the base of the pillow inside the end of the cheesecloth, so that the bottom seam is covered – like a hot dog bun. Leave a few inches beyond the side seam.
4. Roll that excess cloth in step 3, and stitch it to the side of the pillow to anchor. It doesn’t have to be fancy - a few simple stitches through the pillow form will do. It’s just something to tack it down.
5. Now, start wrapping. When you get to the top of the pillow, cover the top seam the same way, and begin wrapping one row back down in the opposite direction (this will start the forehead).
6. Glue the eyes on. Stick a straight pin through the button holes to hold it in place, so you can continue wrapping and not knock them off while they dry. Cover the top and bottom of the eyes just slightly with cheesecloth, so it looks like the eyes are peeking out from within.
7. Continue wrapping to the bottom. When happy with the coverage, wrap the last portion of cheesecloth around to the back (trim excess if necessary) and stitch to the pillow.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>