Cherry Cordial Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 yds each of 4 fabrics: top
- 5 yds fabric: backing
- 3/4 yd fabric: binding
- Twin-size batting
- Fons & Porter® Easy Diagonal Sets Ruler
- Basic sewing/quilting supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface
- 3/4 yd fabric, optional
DIRECTIONS: 1/4" seam allowances. Use design wall or arrange blocks on bed for placement. Optional:
Randomly place 6 unpieced triangles on quilt top to rest eyes when viewing quilt. Cut two 9"x WOF strips from 1 fabric. WOF = Width of fabric. RS = Right side(s). WS = Wrong side(s)
1. From each block fabric cut: six 2"x WOF strips; six 2 1/2"x WOF strips; six 3"x WOF strips & six 3 1/2" WOF strips.
2. Arrange strip sets. Each 9 1/2"-wide strip set contains a strip of each width, 4 total. RS together, stitch strips & press seam allowances in 1 direction.
3. Use Easy Diagonal Sets Ruler & cut 2 triangles from each strip set. Align marked line on ruler with seam to center 9"x18" triangle. Flip ruler & cut 3 triangles. Repeat to make 24 strips sets of 70 triangles.
4. With long edges even, stitch 2 triangles together to form a 12 1/2" block. Make 35.
5. Stitch 5 blocks together to form a row. Press seam allowances to 1 side. Make 7 rows, alternating direction of pressed seam allowances. Stitch rows together.
6. Piece backing fabric.
7. Layer quilt top, batting & backing fabric. Quilt as desired.
8. Cut eight 2 3/4" strips of binding fabric. RS together, stitch strips along short edges. Press with raw edges even & WS together. Stitch binding to RS of quilt sandwich, with raw edges even. Turn & whip stitch to quilt back.
Finished size 60"x84".