Cherry Tree Pendant
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wire cuttersChain-nose pliers
- Round-nose pliers
- Bead board (optional)
- Black 16-, 20- & 26-gauge wire
- Blue Moon red chip beads
- Czech glass ruby luster seed beads
- 1 chain or 22" ribbon, 1/4" wide
- 1 lobster claw closure & jump ring (if using chain)
- To make frame: Cut 9" of 16-gauge wire. Place round-nose pliers 3/8" from one end of cut wire. Use chain-nose pliers to grasp end and bend wire at a 90-degree angle. Place round-nose pliers 2" from first bend. Use chain-nose plier to bend wire at 90-degree angle to create the bottom rectangle frame.
- Place round-nose pliers 1-1/4" up from second bend. Grasp end with chain-nose pliers & bend wire at 90-degree angle. Place round-nose pliers 1" from third bend. Wrap wire around round-nose pliers to make at top of pendant. Place round-nose pliers 1" away from loop. Use chain-nose pliers to bend wire at 90-degree angle to create the last corner of rectangle frame. Trim excess.
- For first branch: Cut 11" of 20-gauge wire. Wrap 2-3 times around lower right corner of frame. Continue wrapping along lower right side and bottom right side, 1/2" on both sides. Lay free end diagonally across frame. Secure free end to upper left corner, wrapping wire 2-3 times. Trim excess wire.
- Cut 8" of 20-gauge wire. Wrap base of first branch in lower right corner and up base of branch. Attach to upper frame 1/4" to the right of the top loop. Wrap 2-3 times to secure. Trim excess wire.
- Cut 4" of 20- gauge wire. Again, secure to lower right corner. Continue to wrap up the base of branch. Attach free end to the middle left side of rectangular frame. Wrap 2-3 times to secure. Trim excess wire.
- Cut 3" of 20-gauge wire. Wrap 2-3 times around middle of lower branch. Attach free end to lower left corner of frame. Wrap 2-3 times to secure. Trim excess wire. Cut 12" of 26-gauge wire. Wrap around lower right corner and up base of tree. Cover corner and base of tree completely. Trim excess wire.
- Cut six 4" pieces of 26-gauge wire. String 2-3 chip beads on wire. Twist ends together to form cluster. Attach beads to branches, wrapping wire 2-3 times. Trim excess wire. Repeat five times.
- Cut four 4" pieces of 26-gauge wire. String 4-5 seed beads on one. Twist wire ends tightly together to form cluster. Attach beads to branches and near clusters, wrapping wire 2-3 times. Trim excess wire. Repeat three times.
- Cut five 4" pieces 26-gauge wire. String 5 seed beads on one. Twist wire ends to form lower shape to the end, for a stem. Attach twisted stem to branch on the pendant creating branches. Repeat four times.
- String pendant onto ribbon or chain. Attach closure at ends.