Chevron Baby Blanket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® With Love®: 3 skeins, Bubblegum
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needles: 6 mm [US 10], 29" long
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 18 sts = 4" (10 cm); 20 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Chevron Pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- Chevron Pattern
- Rows 1 and 2: *P2, K2; repeat from * to end.
- Row 3: P1, *K2, P2; repeat from * to last 3 sts, K2, P1.
- Row 4: K1, *P2, K2; repeat from * to last 3 sts, P2, K1.
- Rows 5 and 6: *K2, P2; repeat from * to end.
- Row 7: Repeat Row 4.
- Row 8: Repeat Row 3.
- Rows 9 and 10: Repeat Row 1.
- Row 11: Repeat Row 4.
- Row 12: Repeat Row 3.
- Rows 13 and 14: Repeat Rows 5 and 6.
- Row 15: Repeat Row 3.
- Row 16: Repeat Row 4.
- Repeat Rows 1-16 for chevron pattern.
- Note: Blanket is worked back and forth on circular needle without joining.
- Blanket measures 34" (86 cm) x 34" (86 cm).
- Cast on 154 sts.
- Rows 1-6: Work in Garter st (knit every row).
- Next row (wrong side): K3, place marker, work Row 1 of Chevron Pattern to last 3 sts, place marker, K3.
- Note: Continue to work K3 on first and last 3 sts on every row to establish border pattern and work Chevron Pattern inside markers.
- Continue in Chevron Pattern, working first and last 3 sts in Garter st, until piece measures 33” (84 cm), ending with row 16. Work Garter st for 6 rows. Bind off.
- Weave in all loose ends.
- K = knit
- mm = millimeters
- P = purl
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated