SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yard light color fabric
- 1 yard dark color fabric (make sure fabric is the same weight)
- 16" pillow form or polyfil
- Sewing machine
- Marking pen
- Hand sewing needle
1. Cut both pieces of fabric in half along the straight grain. Set one half of each fabric to the side.
2. Cut strips across the remaining pieces in 1-½", 2" and 3" increments.
3. Sew the strips together at ¼" alternating dark and light fabrics and mixing sizes.
4. Press seams flat. Fold in half so the wrong sides are together.
5. Cut down the folded edge, leaving the pieces wrong sides together. Cut diagonal strips in 1-½", 2" and 3" increments. Cutting through both layers with the wrong sides together like this will create mirror images.
6. Lay out the pieces alternating the direction of the stripe and mixing the sizes. Save the shorter pieces for another project. Sew together at ¼".
7. Press seams flat. Cut down to 17"x17".
8. Cut a piece 17"x17" from one of the remaining halves for the back (or repeat steps 2-7 for the back).
9. Sew together 3 sides, put form inside or stuff, hand sew shut.