1. Cut both pieces of fabric in half along the straight grain. Set one half of each fabric to the side.
2. Cut strips across the remaining pieces in 1-½", 2" and 3" increments.
3. Sew the strips together at ¼" alternating dark and light fabrics and mixing sizes.
4. Press seams flat. Fold in half so the wrong sides are together.
5. Cut down the folded edge, leaving the pieces wrong sides together. Cut diagonal strips in 1-½", 2" and 3" increments. Cutting through both layers with the wrong sides together like this will create mirror images.
6. Lay out the pieces alternating the direction of the stripe and mixing the sizes. Save the shorter pieces for another project. Sew together at ¼".
7. Press seams flat. Cut down to 17"x17".
8. Cut a piece 17"x17" from one of the remaining halves for the back (or repeat steps 2-7 for the back).
9. Sew together 3 sides, put form inside or stuff, hand sew shut.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>