Chevron Tie-Dyed Scarf
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Blue
- Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Peel ‘n Stick Tape™
- 100% natural fiber fabric – enough for desired scarf size
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Washable marker
1. Wash fabric and do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay out damp fabric on covered work surface.
3. Fold fabric lengthwise in half. Fold top layer again to meet center fold.
4. Flip over folded fabric and fold top layer to center folded edge. There should be four equal folded layers.
5. Use washable marker to draw diagonal lines 3" apart down folded fabric. The steeper the lines, the steeper the chevrons will be.
6. Pleat each line into small folds, making sure the marker line on the tops of the pleats forms a straight line. Tie securely with rubber bands.
7. Mix dye according to package instructions. Apply dye to each tied line of the fabric.
8. Allow fabric to set 6-8 hours.
9. Remove rubber bands and rinse fabric under cool running water to remove excess dye. Wash and dry fabric.
10. Lay fabric flat. Apply Fabric Fusion Tape along edge raw edges of fabric. Remove protective backing, and fold edge over on itself, leaving half the tape exposed. Continue down entire edge, and then fold fabric again to cover exposed tape.
11. Repeat above step on all raw edges to complete scarf.