Chiffon Chair Tie with Rosettes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- David Tutera Fabrics:
- Yoryu Chiffon – 1 yd.
- Stretch Taffeta – 1/4 yd.
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Corsage pin
1. To make the tie cut the Chiffon 72" x width of fabric.
2. Narrow hem both cut edges of the fabric.
3. With right sides together stitch the selvage edges of the fabric to make a long tube. Turn right side out.
4. Tie the tube on to the chair, weaving through the center spindles.
5. To make the rosette cut a 36"x4-1/2" piece of taffeta. With right sides together fold in half length wise and stitch along the long edge to make a tube. Turn right side out.
6. Starting at one end of the strip twist and roll the fabric gluing the edges together as you roll it into a circle.
7. Continue twisting and rolling until the flower is made. Fold the end of the strip to the bottom of the flower and glue.
8. Cut a circle of taffeta a little smaller than the bottom of the flower. Glue the circle to the flower bottom. Glue a corsage pin to the flower bottom and pin to the knot on the back of the chair tie.