Chiffon Drape Bodice Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- McCall’s® pattern M6466
- Follow pattern envelop directions for the fabric and notions needed for the short straight skirt with one shoulder. Example used Casa Super Stretch Charmeuse Satin with an overlay of Casa Chiffon.
- 2 yds. additional chiffon
- Kraft paper
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
(for the pattern alteration)
- Trace front and back bodice patterns on Kraft paper. Draw a line from top of right front shoulder to left underarm. Repeat the same for the back bodice. These will be the new dress bodice patterns.
- To make the top drape pattern trace around the new front and back bodice pattern. Cut and spread the front Kraft paper bodice to equal 46" flare at the bottom. The neckline is not spread out and will measure the same. The length should be 18" at the right side seam gradually going to 14" at the left side seam.
- Cut and spread the back bodice in the same manner to equal 55" at the bottom. The neckline is not spread out and will measure the same. The length will be the same as the front and meet at the side seams.
- Use the patterns to cut out the pieces in chiffon.
- Sew the right shoulder/side seam with French Seams, leaving the left open for zipper opening. Attach drape to bodice neckline when at the neckline finishing step of the pattern directions.
- Hem left side seam and bottom drape with a turn and turn 1/4" hem.
Note: All seams are 5/8" unless noted.