Children's Candy Cone
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- STYROFOAM brand foam cone, size of your choice
- Terra cotta pot to fit base of cone (optional)
- Ribbon to tie around rim of pot (optional)
- 1 lb. Powdered sugar
- Table knife
- Candies of your choice: gumdrops, red hots, peppermints, pastel mints, foil-wrapped chocolate drops, candy-coated chocolate pieces, licorice drops, jelly beans, or other colorful candies
- Mix water, 1 teaspoon at a time, with 2 cups powdered sugar; stir until smooth. The icing will serve as "glue" and must be very stiff to hold candies without sagging. If icing becomes too thin, add additional powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Working on a small area at a time, cover the cone with a thin layer of icing. Spread a small amount of icing on the back of each candy and press onto the cone. Continue until the cone is covered. Let dry.
- Candy cone can be displayed as is, placed on a doily, or glued into a terra cotta pot. To display in a pot, attach foam cone to the rim of the pot with hot glue. Tie a bow around the rim of the pot, if desired.