Child's Satin Muff
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd satin
- 1/2 yd faux fur
- 1/2 yd anti-pill fleece
- 3/8 yd novelty cording
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface
- Pressing cloth
1. Cut two 3"x23" pieces of satin.
2. Cut one 5"x14 3/4" piece of faux fur.
3. From anti-pill fleece: cut two 3"x23" pieces; one 5"x14 3/4" piece.
4. Gather one long side of 3"x23" satin piece. Machine baste 1/2" from edge & again 3/8" from edge. Pull bobbin thread so long edge matches 14 3/4" faux fur. Repeat for second 3"x23" satin piece.
5. With right sides together & raw edges even, pin long gathered satin edge to non-gathered faux fur piece. Repeat for second satin piece.
6. Stitch long gathered satin edges to faux fur piece. Press seam allowance toward the center.
7. Gather fleece pieces using the same technique as satin pieces. Pin and stitch fleece strips and center piece together in same manner. Press seams toward the center. Top stitch along seam edge on center piece.
8. Cut a piece of cording 6 1/2" long. Baste cording to satin with raw edges even 6" from short edge.
9. With right sides together & raw edges even, pin & stitch long sides of satin to long sides of fleece. Leave short edges open.
10. Push one end of muff inside until both ends of muff are together with right sides of fabric facing each other.
11. Pin edges together all around, matching seams. Sew all around, leave opening along lining edge for turning.
12. Turn right side out and sew opening closed. Turn completed muff so faux fur is exposed. Press.