Chilly Charmer Snowman Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:White Standard Baking Cups12-Cup Standard Muffin Pan10"x16" Cooling GridWhite Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4-1/2 lb. tubIcing Colors: Orange, Black, Kelly Green12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tip: 2A, 69" Angled SpatulaEarmuff Fun Pix®White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (3/8 oz. per treat)Roll-N-Cut Mat9" Fondant Roller (pink guide rings used)Brush Set
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Food-safe scissors
- Plastic ruler
1. Make cupcakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cupcakes and allow to cool following recipe directions.
2. Ice cupcakes. Tint portions of decorator icing orange and black. Reserve majority white. Use tip 2A, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to pipe a mound of icing on top of cupcakes. Use spatula to smooth.
3. Decorate facial features. Use tip 6, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe dot mouth and eyes. Use tip 6, a cut disposable decorating bag and orange icing to pipe pull-out nose.
4. Add accents. Position earmuffs according to package directions. For scarf, tint fondant green. Use fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out fondant 1/16" thick. Use knife to cut one strip, 10"x1/2", and another strip, 2"x1/2". Use scissors to cut fringe on one end of each strip. Use a damp brush to dampen 8" of the back of the longer strip. Wrap longer strip around the cupcake, overlapping slightly, and use damp brush to secure ends. Tuck straight end of smaller strip into longer strip, and use damp brush to attach to scarf, aligning the bottom with the other scarf.
Project Tip: Change out the fondant color to match a party theme using Wilton Icing Colors.