Chocolate Ganache Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton&® foodcrafting supplies:White Decorator Preferred Fondant (1-1/2 oz.)Icing Colors: Lemon Yellow*, Golden Yellow*Gum-TexRoll-N-Cut Mat9" Fondant Roller6-Pc. Blossom Nesting Cutter SetLarge Forming CupsBrush SetGoldenrod Pearl Dust Edible AccentsPiping Gel6"x2" Square Pan10"x16" Cooling Grid9" SpatulaChocolate Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—16 oz. can12" Disposable Decorating BagDecorating Tip 6Bright White Candy Melts CandyGarden Candy Color Set
- Food-safe scissors
- Paper towels
- Favorite chocolate cake recipe or mix (3 cups batter needed)
- Favorite ganache recipe
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.
1. Make fondant flower 1 day in advance. Reserve 1/8" ball of white fondant. Tint remaining fondant yellow and knead in 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Use 9" fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out yellow fondant 1/8" thick. Use second largest [3-3/8"] blossom cutter from set to cut two flowers. Place one flower in forming cup. Use scissors to cut each petal off remaining flower. Pinch inside of each petal and allow each one to dry separately over large forming cup overnight.
2. Use brush and Pearl Dust to brush center line on each petal. Use brush and piping gel to attach petals to flower. Use reserved white fondant to roll a ball, 1/8" dia., and flatten for flower center. Use brush and piping gel to attach flower center to flower.
3. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cake and allow to cool.
4. Use spatula and chocolate icing to ice cake smooth. Prepare ganache following recipe directions. Pour ganache over cake. Reserve remaining ganache; allow to cool until thickened, about 1 to 2 hours.
5. Use tip 6, cut disposable decorating bag and thickened ganache to pipe bead border. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use green candy color to tint melted candy. Use melted green candy in cut disposable decorating bag to pipe vine on cake top. Use ganache to attach flower to cake top.