Christmas Angel Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Sugar Cookie (recipe on pan)Mini Holiday Cookie Pan10"x16" Cooling GridMeringue PowderRoyal Icing Recipe (available on meringue powder)Icing Colors: Copper, Brown*, Red-Red*, Lemon Yellow*, Golden Yellow*, Black12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tips: 3, 7, 2, 1White Candy Melts® Candy (2 oz. per treat)Standard couplers
- Food-safe scissors
- Shredded coconut (1/3 cup per treat)
*Combine Brown with Red-Red for dark brown shown. Combine Golden Yellow with Lemon Yellow for yellow shown.
1. Make cookies. Prepare cookie dough following recipe directions. Press dough into angel cavity. Bake and allow to cool according to pan packaging directions.
2. Decorate cookies. Prepare royal icing following recipe directions. Tint portions copper (for light skin tone shown), brown (for dark skin tone shown), dark brown, yellow and black. Reserve some white.
3. Use tip 3, a cut disposable decorating bag and yellow icing to pipe halo. Use finger dipped in cornstarch to pat smooth. Use tip 3, a cut disposable decorating bag and skin tone icing to outline and fill in face. Pat smooth.
4. Use tip 3, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to outline and fill in wings and body. Pat smooth. Use tip 7, a cut disposable decorating bag and white icing to pipe in arms. Use tip 3, a cut disposable decorating bag and skin tone icing to pipe hands.
5. Use tip 2, a cut disposable decorating bag and tinted icing to pipe pull-out hair. Use tip 1, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe eyes and mouth. Use tip 1, a cut disposable decorating bag and skin tone icing to pipe dot nose.
6. Make cloud. Melt white Candy Melts® candy according to package directions. Mix shredded coconut with melted white candy to form a cloud. Use hands to create a spot where angel cookie will stand. Allow cloud to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Use melted white candy in cut disposable decorating bag to attach angel cookie to cloud. Allow to cool in refrigerator 3 to 5 minutes.