Christmas Bow Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Feltables red project tote
- Feltables large reindeer silhouette
- 9"x12" lime soft felt
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
1. Cut three 2"x12" rectangles, one 2"x1" rectangle and two 1-1/2"x3-1/2" rectangles from lime felt.
2. Using one of the 2"x12" rectangles, glue the 2" ends together, forming a loop.
3. Flatten loop so the seam is in the center back.
4. Wrap the 2"x1" rectangle around the center of the loop, securing with glue on the back.
5. Cut a V” from one end on each of the 1-1/2"x3-1/2" rectangles. Using the picture as a guide, glue the two rectangles behind the loop to complete the bow.” Place to the side.
6. Using the picture as a guide, cut 2" slits 1-1/4" from the top of the bag and approximately 1" from the folded seam to give the appearance of belt loops.
7. Repeat slits on the back of the bag and cut another belt loop” in the center back of the bag.
8. Connect the two remaining 2"x12" lime rectangles by gluing the 2" sides together, overlapping them 1/4".
9. Place the long lime rectangle inside the bag and pull the two sides through to loop on the back center of the bag. The seam is now hidden inside the bag.
10. Weave the lime rectangle through the loops using the picture as a guide.
11. With the front of the bag facing you, and the lime rectangle through the loops, take one of the 2" ends and fold in half to 1" and secure with glue. This tapers the ends so they can be hidden by the felt bow. Repeat on the other end.
12. Attach bow to the center of bag between the two folded ends. Fluff bow.
13. Peel and stick reindeer silhouette below the bow.