Christmas Cake with Five Layers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Red-Red Icing Color
- Wilton Performance Cake Pan Set
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- 6" Cake Circles
- 9" Angled Spatula
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing 4.5 lb. Tub
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bag
- Decorating Tip: 21
- Candy Cane Candy Melts® Candy (about 32 candy wafers used)
- Favorite white cake mix (1 mix needed)
- Cake plate
- Food-safe scissors
- Candy canes, crushed
1. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Tint red. Bake cake layers and allow to cool according to pan package instructions.
2. Fill with decorator icing and stack cake on cake circle.
3. Position cake on cake plate. Use spatula to ice cake sides. Use tip 21, a cut disposable decorating bag and decorator icing to pipe rosettes on top border of cake and to pipe shell bottom border. Position a candy cane Candy Melts candy wafer on its edge between each shell. Sprinkle top with crushed candy canes.
Use Wilton Leaf Green and Red-Red Icing Colors to alternate different colored layers.