Christmas Joy Candle Arrangements
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 Paper mache books; 1 large, 1 small
- Craft Essentials Spanish Olive acrylic paint
- FolkArt Christmas Red acrylic paint
- 1 Burgundy berry pick
- 2 Burgundy berry mix picks
- 1 Best Value Welcome light
- 3 Pine branch stems
- 4 yds Sheer burgundy wire-edged ribbon
- 1" Paintbrush
- 2 sheets Cardstock paper
- 2 sheets Bright Red scrapbook paper
- 1 pkg Green floral tape
- 1 pkg Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Paper trimmer
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Black Sharpie marker
- Paint large paper mache book Spanish Olive. Paint small paper mache book Christmas Red. Allow to dry. Apply a second coat; allow to dry.
- Cover the books in scrapbook papers. Write the name of your favorite holiday book on the spine with the Black Sharpie marker.
- Refer to photo when placing floral materials.
- Wrap one wire with green floral tape. This will used to tie the bow.
- Stack the small book on top of the larger one. Wrap ribbon around the books like a package and knot. Tie a three or four-loop bow with the remaining ribbon.
- Glue the welcome light onto the smaller book.
- Cut pine branches into smaller pieces. Glue in place, draping them over the book according to the photo.
- Glue the loops of ribbon next to the welcome light. Avoid allowing to drip hot glue on the light plug -- it could melt the wires.
- Arrange the berry picks and glue.