Christmas Light Bulb Cereal Treats
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- 12 Icing Colors Set (No-Taste Red, Kelly Green, Royal Blue, Lemon Yellow, Orange used)
- 24-Cavity Light Bulb Silicone Bite Sized Treat Mold
- Cookie Sheet
- Candy Melts® Candy: Light Cocoa (12 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats), White (12 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Garden Candy Color Set
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- Parchment Paper
- Favorite crisped rice cereal treat recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Food-safe scissors
1. Make crisped rice cereal treats. Prepare crisped rice cereal treat following recipe directions. Use icing colors to tint portions of mixture red, green, blue, yellow and orange. Press mixture into mold supported on cookie sheet, filling 2/3 full. Do not unmold.
2. Decorate bulb. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy in disposable decorating bag according to package directions. Use scissors to cut small point off of disposable decorating bag. While cereal treats are still in mold, pipe melted light cocoa candy completely over cereal treats. Tap mold to smooth melted candy. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 10 to 15 minutes. Unmold treats according to mold package directions. Use knife to trim excess light cocoa candy from the edges if necessary.
3. Decorate socket. Melt white Candy Melts candy in disposable decorating bag according to package directions. Use black candy color from set to tint candy gray by massaging candy color in decorating bag. Place treats on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Use scissors to cut small point off of disposable decorating bag. Pipe melted gray candy over socket end of light bulb. Place treat on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 10 to 15 minutes. Use melted gray candy to pipe threads over socket end. Allow to cool in refrigerator about 3 to 5 minutes.
Give light bulbs some shimmer by brushing on Wilton Color Dust edible accents.