Christmas Light Bulb Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- Sugar Cookie Recipe (available on Lightbulb Non-stick Cookie Pan)
- Lightbulb Non-Stick Cookie Pan
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- Candy Melts® Candy: Red (6 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats), Dark Green (6 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats), Yellow (6 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats), Royal Blue (6 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats); Bright White* (2 oz. makes 22 to 24 treats), Black* (2 to 3 candy wafers make 22 to 24 treats)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Pearl Color Mist Food Color Spray
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Food-safe scissors
* Combine 2 oz. of bright white with two to three black candy wafers for gray.
1. Prepare dough following recipe directions. Bake cookies and allow to cool completely.
2. Melt red, green, yellow and blue Candy Melts candy, separately, in disposable decorating bags according to package directions. Melt bright white and black Candy Melts candy together in microwave-safe bowl. Transfer gray candy to disposable decorating bag. Cut small point off of disposable decorating bags when ready to decorate.
3. Place cookies on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Use melted candy to cover bulb section of cookie. Tap grid gently to smooth and remove excess candy. Use melted gray candy to cover neck of bulb. Tap grid gently to smooth and remove excess candy. Transfer cookies to parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Allow to cool in refrigerator, about 10 to 15 minutes. Use pearl Color Mist food spray to lightly spray all cookies. Allow to dry, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Use melted gray Candy Melts candy to pipe wires on the serving plate between lightbulb cookies.