Christmas Pine Swag With Candles
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Large pine swag with 3 candle holders
- 3 tall tapered candles
- Large red poinsettia bush
- 3 red berry stems
- 2 red glittered leaf stems
- 1 pkg red glittered dried curly sticks
- 4 yds of sheer red 2-1/2" wired ribbon
- 3 yds of sheer green 1-1/2" wired ribbon
- 22-gauge green cloth-covered wire
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Wire cutters
Refer to photo often for help in placement of all floral materials.
- Fluff the pine swag for a natural look.
- Cut 3 stems from the poinsettia bush. Wire or glue one poinsettia in front of the middle candle holder. Wire or glue the others along the backside of the other candle holders.
- Make 3 loops of red ribbon with an 8" tail. Wire to pine branch on the left side. Repeat with green ribbon in the center of the other bow. Drape the red ribbon to center back. Repeat with 3 loops. Drape and catch green ribbon under the red bow. Wire to pine branch. Drape red ribbon to middle right of pine swag. Repeat with the 3 ribbon loops and the green ribbon and wire to branch. Cut all tails on an angle.
- Cut red glittered leaves into several pieces and fill in the pine swag where needed. Wire or glue in place.
- Cut red berry stems in two. Bend and mold each piece; wire or glue throughout the pine swag.
- Cut the red glittered dried curly sticks and glue evenly through the design.
- Place candles in holders.