Christmas Quick Craft Holiday Ribbon Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache box
- Spray paint – red (& gold optional)
- Ribbons – Green with Dots & Red – 1" wide (1 yd ea minimum, depending on size of box)
- Ribbon – narrow red with white dots (one reel)
- Small gold jingle bells
- Small gold star buttons
- Zots or double-sided tape
1. Spray the box red. (Tip: Spraying the first time with Gold spray paint results in a more even coating. The gold paint acts as a “primer”? essentially covering all imperfections and giving the final Red spray a cleaner and more metallic finish.)
2. Create a tree trunk with Green with Dots ribbon by securing ribbon at the bottom of the box lid and under the lid with Zots or double-sided tape.
3. Secure the ends of the red and green ribbons at the end with a Zot. Create a loopy tree up the box lid, securing the two layers with Zots to the box and to each other, as necessary.
4. Tie a star button to the top loop with narrow red ribbon.
5. Secure gold jingle bells to the outer loops of the tree with the same ribbon.