SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow® Rustic Pallet, 11-1/2"x11"
- DecoArt® Americana®: Graphite, Evergreen, Raw Umber, Matte Varnish
- Large flat brush
- Soft cloth
- Medium sandpaper or electric sander
- Gold nails (6)
- 1-1/2" red ribbon, linen-look
- Disposable cups (2)
1. In disposable cup, mix Graphite and Evergreen to make a dark greenish gray color.
2. Use large flat brush to paint entire Rustic Pallet with mixture – adding water to mix in small increments. Dry thoroughly.
3. Note: Adding water helps paint to absorb into slats and gives a more rustic look.
4. Use medium sandpaper or electric sander to sand all edges down to the raw surface in spots, and on places in the center of the slats to give a “worn” look.
5. In disposable cup, mix Raw Umber with Matte Varnish. Use large flat brush to apply mixture to each slat. This will stain the raw wood, antique the green-gray color and varnish the Pallet all at the same time.
6. Hammer 5 gold nails for points of the star.
7. Tie a knot at top center nail with ribbon and pleat and wind the ribbon around each nail creating a star. Tie off at top center nail.
8. Make bow out of ribbon. Tuck 6th nail behind the knot in the bow and hammer it over the top center nail to attach it to the Pallet.