SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yd black & white printed fabric for stocking
- 3/8 yd black fabric for lining
- 13 1/2“ x 20“ piece cotton batting
- Dritz® Sewing Notions: Belle Buttons, Cover Buttons, Black Braided Elastic
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Enlarge pattern to 13" long. Finished stocking is 12" long.
2. Cut two pieces each of fabric, lining and batting following pattern shape.
3. Pin batting to wrong side of stocking fabric. Stitch together 1/4" from edge. Trim batting to stitching.
4. Pin lining to stocking, right sides together, along top straight edge. Make sure toes point the same direction. Stitch together using 3/8" from edge. Press seam toward lining.
5. Cut 6" of elastic or tape measure for the hanger and fold in half. Pin cut ends to the back edge, 1" below the top seam with the looped end over the stocking fabric, angled up. Stitch 1/4" from the fabric edge.
6. Pin joined pieces right sides together, lining up top seam. Stitch all around, 3/8" from the edge, leaving 4" unstitched below the hanger.
7. Fold the lining over the stocking at the top seam. Align the edges. Pin. Stitch together on top of original stocking stitching. Do not stitch the 4" section closed.
8. Trim the seam allowance to 1/4" (a little smaller at the toe and heel). Clip the inverted curves to the stitching.
9. Pull the stocking through the 4" opening, so it is lining side out. Turn under the 4" open section. Hand or machine stitch closed.
10. Turn right side out and press.