1. Enlarge pattern to 13" long. Finished stocking is 12" long.
2. Cut two pieces each of fabric, lining and batting following pattern shape.
3. Pin batting to wrong side of stocking fabric. Stitch together 1/4" from edge. Trim batting to stitching.
4. Pin lining to stocking, right sides together, along top straight edge. Make sure toes point the same direction. Stitch together using 3/8" from edge. Press seam toward lining.
5. Cut 6" of elastic or tape measure for the hanger and fold in half. Pin cut ends to the back edge, 1" below the top seam with the looped end over the stocking fabric, angled up. Stitch 1/4" from the fabric edge.
6. Pin joined pieces right sides together, lining up top seam. Stitch all around, 3/8" from the edge, leaving 4" unstitched below the hanger.
7. Fold the lining over the stocking at the top seam. Align the edges. Pin. Stitch together on top of original stocking stitching. Do not stitch the 4" section closed.
8. Trim the seam allowance to 1/4" (a little smaller at the toe and heel). Clip the inverted curves to the stitching.
9. Pull the stocking through the 4" opening, so it is lining side out. Turn under the 4" open section. Hand or machine stitch closed.
10. Turn right side out and press.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>