Chunky Colorful Cowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Red Heart® Super Saver®: 2 skeins, Blacklight
- Susan Bates® knitting needles: 9mm [US 13]
- Yarn needle
- Tape measure
- GAUGE: 11 sts = 4" (10 cm); 17 rows = 4" (10 cm) in Slip Stitch pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- PATTERN STITCHES
- Slip Stitch Pattern (multiple of 2 sts + 1)
- Row 1 (wrong side): K1, purl to last st, K1.
- Row 2: K1, *slip 1 st wyib, K1; repeat from * to end of row.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for pattern.
- Cowl measures 11" (28 cm) wide by 32" (81 cm) long before seaming.
- Holding two strands of yarn together, loosely cast on 31 sts. Work Slip Stitch Pattern until piece measures 32” (81 cm), ending with Row 1. Bind off all sts loosely.
- With yarn needle, sew cast on edge to bind off edge. Weave in all loose ends.
- K = knit
- mm = millimeters
- P = purl
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- wyib = with yarn in back
- * = repeat whatever follows the * as indicated
Chunky Colorful Cowl is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by FeistyPom2Love from Beautiful Cowl I'm a beginning Knitter and found this project easy to make. This project, when completed, turns out lovely! My only major complaint about making this cowl is that it caused a lot of hand, finger, and wrist fatigue and soreness, so couldn't knit this pattern for very long periods of time.
Date published: 2016-05-27