SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tandy supplies: 2mm round leather lace, velvet suede lace, 3/8" black wooden beads
- Bella Corda cord, black
- Strung Beads: Cinnabar lg. square, Cinnabar round
- Silver wire, 24 gauge
- 10mm End Connectors
- Jewelry glue
- Silver Ring and toggle (toggle part will not be used)
- 1 package e-beads, red
- Silver jump rings: 1 small, 2 large
- Jewelry Fundamentals ribbon and cord clasps
- Round-nose pliers
- Needle-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- 2 clips - to secure strands temporarily
- Cut a 6" length of silver wire; coil one end three times, using round-nose pliers. Slide on a red e-bead, large cinnabar square, black bead and another e-bead. Coil the wire once, close to last bead and trim wire.
- Attach a small silver jump ring to the triple coil and then to the toggle ring, forming a pendant.
- Cut the following into 26" lengths: 1 velvet suede lace, 2 round leather lace, and 4 Bella Corda.
- Find the center of one Bella Corda strand and tie 2 small knots 1/4" on either side of center. Slide on an e-bead, round cinnabar, e-bead and tie a knot close to last e-bead. Slide the strand through the large silver ring of the pendant and slide the same beads (e-bead, round cinnabar, e-bead) on the other side; knot.
- Using another of the Bella Corda strands, tie knots and string on e-beads randomly. Slide through ring. Tie a couple of knots in the suede lace and slip through the ring. On the round leather lace, string on some black wooden beads. Tie knots under the beads to anchor. On the remaining Bella Corda strands, add round cinnabar, e-beads and black beads randomly, knotting to anchor.
- Gather all the strands of one side together and secure with a clip. Repeat for the other side and make any adjustments in length or positioning necessary before finishing off the necklace.
- Above the clip, wrap the ends securely with wire; trim away excess cord. Coat the strand ends and wire with jewelry glue, let dry. Repeat for the second side.
- With end connectors ready to be attached, coat wire and strand ends with jewelry glue again. Insert into end connectors, and close with pliers. When dry, attach fastener and chain with large jump rings.