Citrus Colored Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- Icing Colors: Leaf Green, Orange, Rose, Golden Yellow*, Lemon Yellow*
- Performance Pans® 6"x2" Round Pan
- 14.5"x20" Cooling Grid
- Cake Leveler
- 6" Cake Circles
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- Spatulas: 9" Straight, 13" Angled
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tip: 21 (4 needed)
- Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment (confetti used)
- Favorite white cake recipe or mix (5 cups batter used)
- Food-safe scissors
*Combine Golden Yellow with Lemon Yellow for yellow shown.
- Make layered cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Divide into fourths (approximately 1 cup per color) and tint each portion green, orange, rose and yellow. Bake and cool four 6" cake layers. Level, fill and stack layers on cake circle for 4-layer cake, 5" high.
- Decorate cake. Use 9" straight spatula and decorator icing to lightly ice cake. Tint decorator icing green, orange, rose and yellow. Use 13" angled spatula and yellow icing to ice top of cake. Use 13" angled spatula to create swirl design. Use tip 21, cut disposable decorating bag and tinted icing to pipe two rows of shells, starting at the bottom of the cake with green icing. Continue to pipe two rows each using orange, rose and yellow icing. Add confetti sprinkles to top of cake.
Project Tip: Wilton Icing Colors make it easy to tint batter and icing any colors you want.