Classic Elegance Flower Hair Accessory
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd Organza, black
- 1 Hair barrette
- Sewing needle & thread
- Basic crafting supplies
- Optional: Darice Heat Tool
- Small bowl of water
- From organza, cut 3-4 large flower shapes and 3 smaller flower shapes. Refer to the included pattern when cutting flower shapes. Note: Accuracy in cutting is not necessary.
- One flower at a time, hold the edge of the flower close to, but not touching, the candle flame. Have a small bowl of water handy just in case the flower touches the flame. This process will melt the flower edge, causing it to curl. Turn flower and continue to curl the edges. Repeat for each organza flower shape.
Optional: Use Darice Heat Tool instead of candle for this step.
- Layer the curled flower shapes, turning flowers to alternate curled edges. With needle and thread, stitch through center of flower.
- Embellish flower center with beads as desired. Glue beads in place.
- Glue finished flower to the barrette.
Note: Melting the flower petals takes a little practice. You will most likely lose the beginning petal shape. However, once layered, it won't matter!