Classic Elegance Purse
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Vogue pattern 8628, view E
- Casa Collection satin, black; refer to pattern for exact yardage
- 1/2 yd Tie-dye satin, sunshine yellow
- Notions (refer to pattern)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing supplies
- Reduce view E pattern pieces 9, 11, 12 and 13 to 85%. Cut out pieces.
- Using the black satin, make the basic purse according to pattern.
- Cut the following pieces of tie-dye satin: 14"x18" for the bow and 4"x8" for the knot.
- Fold the bow fabric in half lengthwise with right sides together and sew the long side seam. Turn the tube right side out. With the seam in the middle back, press the tube. Repeat step 4 with the knot fabric.
- Bring the raw edges of the bow tube together, tucking one end into the other about 1/2". Hand sew together to form a big loop.
- Flatten the loop with the seam in the middle back and press. Accordion-fold the bow. Wrap the knot tube around the middle of the accordion bow and sew in place on the flap of the purse.