Before working with the clay, it is important to condition it. Press it in hands, twisting and folding it until it becomes softer and easier to work with. This part only takes a few minutes.
1. Roll a piece of the peppermint FIMO® into a ball and add dots using a clay tool or the end of a paintbrush.
2. Make four smaller balls out of the apple green FIMO® for the arms and legs. Shape each ball into a log and cut each one into many small discs. Keep the discs stacked together and add discs in the nightglow to the top and bottom of each stack.
3. First option for attaching legs and arms: Attach the arms and legs to the body by carefully pressing the pieces together. If they are hard to stick, scratch both surfaces where they attach with the end of the craft knife to loosen up the clay and then stick them back together.
4. Second option for attaching legs and arms: Cut toothpicks in half and insert four of them halfway into the body where the arms and legs go. Attach the FIMO® arms and legs onto these posts.
5. Make a barrel-shaped ball out of the black FIMO® for the head and two smaller balls for the hands. Make a flattened ball of nightglow for the collar and design on the stomach. Rolls two balls for the feet and flatten one side of by either cutting them with the craft knife or pressing against the table. Make feet big enough so the robot will be able to stand after it is baked.
6. Attach the head, hands, feet and stomach design to the robot.
7. Roll two small balls of Nightglow for the eyes and shape into tiny sausage shapes. Make a variety of different shapes for the hair.
8. Attach the hair to the top of the head.
9. Attach the Nightglow pieces for the eyes and use a toothpick to poke holes for the eyeball through to the black clay underneath. Bake the robot on a baking tray at 230° for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>