Before working with the clay, it is important to condition it. Press it in hands, twisting and folding it until it becomes softer and easier to work with. This part only takes a few minutes.
1. Roll a piece of the peppermint FIMO® into a ball and add dots using a clay tool or the end of a paintbrush.
2. Make four smaller balls out of the apple green FIMO® for the arms and legs. Shape each ball into a log and cut each one into many small discs. Keep the discs stacked together and add discs in the nightglow to the top and bottom of each stack.
3. First option for attaching legs and arms: Attach the arms and legs to the body by carefully pressing the pieces together. If they are hard to stick, scratch both surfaces where they attach with the end of the craft knife to loosen up the clay and then stick them back together.
4. Second option for attaching legs and arms: Cut toothpicks in half and insert four of them halfway into the body where the arms and legs go. Attach the FIMO® arms and legs onto these posts.
5. Make a barrel-shaped ball out of the black FIMO® for the head and two smaller balls for the hands. Make a flattened ball of nightglow for the collar and design on the stomach. Rolls two balls for the feet and flatten one side of by either cutting them with the craft knife or pressing against the table. Make feet big enough so the robot will be able to stand after it is baked.
6. Attach the head, hands, feet and stomach design to the robot.
7. Roll two small balls of Nightglow for the eyes and shape into tiny sausage shapes. Make a variety of different shapes for the hair.
8. Attach the hair to the top of the head.
9. Attach the Nightglow pieces for the eyes and use a toothpick to poke holes for the eyeball through to the black clay underneath. Bake the robot on a baking tray at 230° for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.