Clay Flower Gift Box & Card
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fimo Oven-Bake clay: orange and white
- Paper mache box
- Tacky glue
- Craft knife
- Green ribbon
- Blue acrylic paint
- 2 sheets plain cardstock, contrasting colors
- Paint box blue. Allow to dry.
- Condition the white clay by hand-rolling until it becomes soft and pliable.
- Roll the white clay into a log shape the diameter of a penny. Cut seven thin pieces for the petals of the large flower. Refer to photo. Position in a circle, leaving room for the center.
- Roll the white clay into a smaller log shape about the diameter of a pea and cut 7 thin pieces of equal portions for the petals of the smaller flower. Position in a circle leaving room for the center.
- Roll a small ball of orange clay. Flatten to make the centers for both the large and small flowers.
- Add texture to the centers by gently poking holes with a toothpick.
- Bake the assembled flowers according to the directions on the package. Allow to cool completely.
- Fold cardstock in half. Cut a length of ribbon. Glue one end to top of box; the other inside folded cardstock. Cut smaller square of contrasting cardstock. Glue in center.
- Glue the large flower onto the top of the box and the smaller flower onto front panel of the card.