Clay Flower Jewelry
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Colored modeling clay – one 2-oz. block of clay will make a full set of flower jewelry (one pendant, one ring, one pair of earrings)
- Silicone mold
- Jewelry accessories:Ring baseBall chains & closuresPost earringsPendant bails
- Super glue or strong adhesive
- Satin glaze for clay & paintbrush
- Gold metallic acrylic paint
1. Work clay between clean fingers to soften.
2. Press softened clay into mold. Smooth the back flat and remove excess clay.
3. Gently push the front of the mold to release shaped clay.
4. Set clay piece on a baking sheet (line with a Silpat sheet or parchment paper for easy clean-up). For pendant jewelry, press a pendant bail into the top edge of the clay piece. Gently press the clay back around the opening to secure pendant bail in place. Reshape design as needed.
5. With adult assistance, bake according to clay package instructions and allow to cool completely.
6. Brush hardened clay pieces with satin glaze and allow to dry.
7. If desired, paint with gold acrylic paint to accent.
8. Hang pendant jewelry on ball chains. Use a strong adhesive to attach finished pieces to post earrings or ring bases.