Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 250 °F (121 °C) for 20 minutes per 1/4" (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Preheat oven to 250 °F (121 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
1. Take the color to be used for the head and body and make a 3/4” ball for the head and cone shape that is 1-1/4” L x 3/4” W. Press the head onto the pointed end of the cone shape. Press onto the top of the pencil. Lime and Blue were used for the owl bodies on the projects shown.
2. Take the color to make the tummy (Orange was used for the project shown) and make a 3/4” L x 1/2” W flattened oval for the tummy, press onto the body and with the tip of the purple modeling tool add feather details.
3. To make the wings make a long snake using Grape and Red that is 1/4” in diameter. Cut six equal pieces off and shape each into a long tear drop shape. Press three together, to make one wing. Press both wings to the sides of the body.
4. To make the tail make a long snake using Grape and Red that is 3/16” in diameter. Cut three equal pieces off and shape each into a long tear drop shape. Press three together, to make the tail. Press the tail to the lower portion of the body.
5. Take Brown clay and make two oval beads 5/16” L x 3/16” W for the feet. Press them to the lower front of the body and press two lines into each using the purple tool.
6. Using Orange clay make two 1/4” flattened balls and one small tear drop for the beak.
7. Make two flattened balls that are 5/16” for the eyes. Make two tiny 1/16” Brown balls for the pupils.
8. Press the White balls to the head, then press the orange balls on top and then add the tiny Brown balls. Press the Orange Beak in-between the eyes.
9. Make one small snake for the eyebrows. Match this color to the wing color. Cut two eyebrows from the snake and place above the eyes on the owl head.
10. Bake according to the directions above and allow to cool completely.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>