SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Beads: various size and textures in gold & copper
- Leaf & bead strand
- Focal piece: flower pin/clip
- Crimp beads
- Crimping pliers
- Beading wire
- Wire cutters
- 10mm oval jump rings: gold or copper
- Lobster clasps
- Flat nose pliers
- Measuring tape
1. Measure around wearer's head.
2. Cut beading wire a few inches longer than head measurement.
3. Cut the length of beading wire in half and cut another piece the same length.
4. Referencing photo for placement, attached the 3 pieces of beading wire to the focal piece using a crimp bead and pliers.
5. Depending on the head size, bead 7" to 9" on each strand using various beads.
6. String on a crimp bead and lobster clasp on all 3 strands. Pull back through crimp bead and crimp using pliers.
7. Connect 6 oval jump rings to make a chain. This will be used to adjust the size of the headpiece by attaching all 3 lobster clasps to it.
8. Fold the leaf & bead stand in half and attach an oval jump ring to one of the premade loops.
9. Attach jump ring 1"-2" from the focal piece on either side.
1. Cut a 20" length of beading wire.
2. Slide a crimp bead and lobster clasp to one end, looping the end back through the crimp bead and crimping it using pliers.
3. Bead 18" of various beads. Ensure this fits around wearer's neck before moving on.
4. Slide on a crimp bead and oval jump ring, looping the end back through the crimp bead and crimping using pliers. Add more oval jump rings to make the size adjustable.
5. Separate the leaf and bead strands by their jump ring so that the leaf hangs at the bottom.
6. Using the jump ring, attach 8 leaf and bead sections to necklace, in between beads about 1" apart.