Coconut Crème Brulee Cookie
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Wilton® Treatology Toasted Coconut Flavor Concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon Wilton Treatology Creamy Vanilla Custard Flavor Concentrate
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 10 drops Wilton® Treatology Creamy Vanilla Custard Flavor Concentrate
- 6 drops Wilton® Treatology Toasted Coconut Flavor Concentrate
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cookie pans with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, toasted coconut and creamy vanilla custard flavor concentrates; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in turbinado sugar. Place on prepared pans and make indentation in ball with finger.
4. Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheet to cooling grid; cool completely.
5. In large bowl, beat butter, creamy vanilla custard and toasted coconut flavor concentrates, and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and beat until well-combined. Add cream; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon filling into indentations of cookies.