- 2 1/4 yds fleece
- Matching thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
DIRECTIONS: Fits Small, Medium or Large. Use 1/2" seam allowance.
RS = Right side(s) WS = Wrong side(s)
1. From fleece cut a 80"x36" rectangle.
2. Cut a 6" x 1 1⁄4" piece lengthwise, with least amount of stretch, for neck facing.
3. Refer to the diagram. Swing an 8" arc with chalk from each upper corner for sleeve opening. Cut along the drawn line. Mark center top & sides.
4. Turn bottom edge up 1/2" to WS & hem.
5. Gather bottom sides from 6" mark to measure 3" on each side. Secure gathers. Run a gathering stitch along the top between the marks.
6. With RS together, match center of neck facing & center of jacket. Ease jacket back to 6" to fit. Baste.
7. On jacket back, draw side neck gathering from 6" to 3". Secure gathers.
8. RS together, bring bottom sides up to neck edge facing & sew from 1 sleeve arm opening to the other, crossing over neck edge facing. Turn neck edge facing to inside & stitch.
9. Turn arm opening 1/2" to WS and hem.