Coffin Treat Box
Project courtesy of Martha Stewart Living ®
SUPPLIES & TOOLS
- Decorative paper
- Black cardstock
- Large glue stick
- Plain printer paper
- Bone folder
- Craft knife or scissors
- Paper clips
- Halloween stickers
- Rough twine, at hardware or craft stores
- Coffin box top and bottom templates
- Full-sheet double-sided adhesive (optional)
1. Fully adhere decorative paper to black cardstock with a large glue stick or full-sheet double-sided adhesive.
2. Print top and bottom coffin templates on regular 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper. Place one template on each sheet of lined cardstock and staple around the template to hold in place. Do not staple inside the lines of the template, as this will create holes in your finished box.
3. Using a bone folder and ruler, score on the dotted lines of each template, pressing through to the paper and cardstock underneath.
4. Using a craft knife or scissors, cut on solid lines of templates, working from the inside out.
5. Fold sides and tabs of both top and bottom where scored. Using a glue stick, glue tabs to inside of box bottom and lid as shown in the template. Clamp with paperclips to secure until dry.
6. Fill bottom of box with candy. Add stickers to top of lid and place lid on top of box. Wrap a 1-yard piece of rough twine around the coffin a few times, and tie to secure.