Color Burst T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Dye Techniques Kit
- Surface Cover
- White T-shirt
- Large flat glass marbles
- Rubber bands
- Paper towels
- Washing machine & dryer
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wet shirt and wring dry or place in washer on spin cycle.
- Cover work surface with Surface Cover. Place shirt on surface and smooth with hands.
- Place a marble inside front of shirt. Tightly wrap fabric around the marble and secure with a rubber band. Continue to add marbles to form tie-dye designs.
- Wear gloves; fill turquoise and fuchsia dye bottles with water to line indicated. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Squeeze turquoise onto shirt, avoiding marble sections and carefully lifting shirt to dye back.
- Replace lid of fuchsia dye bottle with sprayer from kit. Test on a paper towel, then spray top of each section of fabric banded with a marble, letting overspray blend with turquoise dye to create purple color.
- Let set 4 to 6 hours. Carefully cut off rubber bands and remove marbles. Wash in washer with small amount of laundry soap. Dry in dryer.